While stationed in Europe, during his military service, our Owner and Head Roaster learned that coffee wasn't just a bitter dark liquid consumed simply to stay awake. Rather it was meant to be enjoyable and when prepared correctly coffee is smooth, rich, and satisfying.
In 2013 he began roasting as a hobby. Driven to create something similar to the first shot of espresso he tasted during a trip to Italy. That shot was taken in a little Italian bakery just outside The Piazza dei Miracoli. (Home to The Leaning Tower of Pisa)
Split Bean Roasting Co. has since grown from a fun hobby, roasting with a home built system, to where we are today.
January of 2018 Our coffee shop opened its doors to the community on the Historic Downtown Square of Lebanon, TN.
- Main Street Award 2018 Winner Best Coffee Shop in Wilson County -
- Main Street Award 2019 Winner Best Coffee Shop in Wilson County -
- Main Street Award 2020 Winner Best Coffee Shop in Wilson County -
- 2019 Winner Reader's Choice Wilson County's Best of the Best -
- 2020 Winner Reader's Choice Wilson County's Best of the Best -
- 2020 Nextdoor Neighborhood Favorite -
Every roast starts with high quality Fair Trade green coffee. It is then roasted in small artisanal batches. Small batch roasting results in an extremely fresh cup of coffee that is smooth, flavorful, and satisfies the senses. You can be assured that the bag you buy or the drink you order will have been made with a commitment to both quality and freshness.